I like to think of myself as somewhat of an expert when it comes to travelling and running a business. I mean, I’ve built my entire business around this.
Over the years I have developed a few tricks and hacks for making my business run while on the fly, but doing this is definitely easier as a single woman then having a family in tow!
That’s why I was really excited to interview proud father of 6 beautiful children, Greg Denning this week, who is known for his family travel escapades, to show you how it’s done.
In 2007 he, along with his wife Rachel, decided to cut off from the world and just travel and make a living. They were parents at the time, but decided it was time to take this courageous leap of faith and start living life on their own terms – anywhere and everywhere.
To date this traveling family has seen several continents, covering countries from USA, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, and even as far as India to name a few.
Of course there were people that thought they were crazy. Hell, people even think I’m nuts! But that didn’t stop them. This amazing family has found their own special way to travel extensively and balance it with their work.
They make a living from multiple revenue streams such as coaching, teaching and mentoring clients, as well as earning money through real estate and stock market investments.
Like any other journey, they too have had their share of hardships but have managed to find a system where they can afford to travel and successfully home school their children at the same time.
To find out how they have made this happen, just click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as these help others to find and enjoy my podcast).
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- The importance of letting go of fear and taking that big leap of faith
- How to make your life more fulfilling
- How they have learned to live in the moment rather than in fear
- Why it is important to keep yourself motivated
- A closer look at how Greg and his family have managed to travel and make a living
- Feeling charitable? Here’s a look at the philanthropic side of Greg
- How the Denning’s have home schooled their children and how you can too
- The importance of having a vision and purpose
Share this on social media in one click:
“Input determines output” – Just one of many golden nuggets of wisdom from #Podcast Guest @gregdenning
Key resources mentioned in this podcast:
- The language tool that helped Greg learn Spanish; Duolingo
- Stay motivated and up to date by checking out Discover Share Inspire
- Stop by his personal site GregDenning.com for even more great information
- Greg’s philanthropic passion project Mayan Eco Homestead, learning center for malnourished Guatemalan families
- Check out Chapter 3 of my Suitcase Entrepreneur book where I talk about Greg and his family
- Your location can influence so much, which is why I have created my Highflyer Retreats. Details here
- Vision is important. Check out mine via my Painted Picture and the Denning’s here
Need a professional mobile office to work from while traveling? Check out Regus
With more than a million customers worldwide, Regus has a unique knowledge of the needs of mobile workers and business travellers and their card-based programme offers walk-in access to Regus business lounges in 100+ countries worldwide and in over 600 cities!
With a swipe of your card, you have access to free secure wifi, free refreshments, and a professional work environment where you can prepare a presentation, meet a colleague, catch up on admin, or access business support like scanning, photocopying and courier services.
Many of their members are home-based workers who drop into a nearby Regus business lounge to access office facilities, avoid the distractions of family and home, or do a spot of networking.
Like all Regus Businessworld members, you will also benefit from discounts on meeting room hire and videoconferencing, and preferential rates on office supplies and there are different memberships according to whether you want access to open-plan or private office space as well as business lounges.
So whether you’re a home-based worker or a multinational CEO, there’s a membership level to suit your budget and your travel schedule. Check out Regus at https://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/regus
Instagrams from Freedom Fighters listening in – yes that’s YOU
In my podcast I’m asking you to tag me on Instagram (also works on Twitter) @nataliesisson with a picture of where you’re listening to me in the world. Then I can feature you here and share the love.
Now I want to hear from you. Tell me; Were you inspired by Greg’s philanthropy? What are you going to do about it? Share in the comment section below.