Want to know what the most frequently asked question is that I get from both new and established business owner?
“Natalie, how the heck do you get more clients?”
There are so many great ways to grow your client list that many of us overlook and that’s because attracting new clients and learning to sell yourself is an art.
If you’re anything like I was, you likely feel icky about selling or promoting yourself or your work but it’s time to get over that!
Luckily for us, that’s where Matthew Kimberley comes in. He is a master sales expert known for helping organizations and individuals learn how to sell themselves without selling out.
From running an IT recruitment company to becoming a renowned sales trainer, Matthew has come a long way. He realized early on that being a manager was not his cup of tea but sales came to him very naturally. Combining his love for both sales and training he became a – drum roll please – Sales Trainer.
He’s conducted hundreds of training programs, he’s the head of the Book Yourself Solid School of Coach Training by Michael Port. and has also written a book called How to Get a Grip.
To hear all our cheesy jokes, cheeky metaphors, Matthew’s devilishly sexy British accent, and to find out how you can start growing your client list, click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as these really help others to find and enjoy my podcast).
Stay up to date on all my latest podcasts here. To sweeten the deal I’ll throw in a copy of my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’. All you have to do is leave a short review on my podcast!
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How to master the art of selling yourself and your business
- Figuring out how to successfully make the ask, close the deal and convert into sales
- Why you need to let go of fear when you’re about to go into selling mode
- What you need to do if you want to develop trust in your customers mind
- The importance of getting in a discipline of constant selling
- Why you need to build a strong relationship with your clients
- A few tricks on learning to know what to sell and when
- How Matthew handled business during a particularly tough family time and what you can learn from him
Share this on social media in one click:
“You can never do too much self promotion” For more #salestips from @mjkimberley listen to our interview!
Key Resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Find out the 5 Simple Things You Can Do Every Morning to Get More Clients in 60 Days
- The small business manual that will help you get more clients; Book Yourself Solid
- Sick of being molleycoddled by self help? Read Matthew’s book How to Get a Grip
- Read my post on Attracting Red Carpet Clients to Your Business
- Read my guest post: Why Firing Your Clients Can Earn You More Revenue And Save You Time
Need a professional mobile office to work from while traveling? Check out Regus
With more than a million customers worldwide, Regus has a unique knowledge of the needs of mobile workers and business travellers and their card-based programme offers walk-in access to Regus business lounges in 100+ countries worldwide and in over 600 cities!
With a swipe of your card, you have access to free secure wifi, free refreshments, and a professional work environment where you can prepare a presentation, meet a colleague, catch up on admin, or access business support like scanning, photocopying and courier services.
Many of their members are home-based workers who drop into a nearby Regus business lounge to access office facilities, avoid the distractions of family and home, or do a spot of networking.
Like all Regus Businessworld members, you will also benefit from discounts on meeting room hire and videoconferencing, and preferential rates on office supplies and there are different memberships according to whether you want access to open-plan or private office space as well as business lounges.
So whether you’re a home-based worker or a multinational CEO, there’s a membership level to suit your budget and your travel schedule. Check out Regus at https://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/regus
Instagrams from Freedom Fighters listening in – yes that’s YOU
In my podcast I’m asking you to tag me on Instagram (also works on Twitter) @nataliesisson with a picture of where you’re listening to me in the world. Then I can feature you here and share the love.