I like to think of myself as pretty savvy when it comes to social media and marketing, but there are some people who have just nailed it. Scott Stratten is one of those special people.
A legit marketing guru, Scott is the founder of Unmarketing.com and author of the best selling book Unmarketing – Stop Marketing Start Engaging, He is widely known for his forthright, no-holds-barred opinions nearly as much as he’s known for his genius marketing ideas.
Like many other entrepreneurs, Scott’s started his career as a corporate employee. About four years into his job, he realized that selling other people’s products just wasn’t what he wanted to spend the rest of his life doing. It didn’t take long for him to quit his job after this realization.
With only had 64 cents in his bank account, he was motivated and ready to embark on his new journey.
Slowly and steadily Scott started building his own training company and it’s clear that his hard work has paid off because today Scott is known as a thought leader when it comes to content marketing.
To find out how Scott built his business, created an enviable work-life balance and learned to dominate social media, just click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as these help others to find and enjoy my podcast).
Stay up to date on all my latest podcasts here. To sweeten the deal I’ll throw in a copy of my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’. All you have to do is leave a short review on my podcast!
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How Scott went from quitting his corporate job to becoming a marketing maven
- Why you need to invest time and social currency to build a community
- Some of Scott’s savvy tips for following people on Twitter
- Stop looking spammy and follow these tricks for making your company legit
- We will bust your myths on becoming an overnight social media sensation
- You’ve heard it a million times, but here’s why quality trumps quantity always
- Fundamental steps for how to build your online presence the right way
- With everyone on their cell phones, he explains why it’s increasingly important to be going mobile
Share this on social media in one click:
“Don’t create content to get more likes” – Get more #socialmediatips like this from @unmarketing in this podcast!
Key resources related to this podcast:
- Get your hands on Scott’s new book Unmarketing – Stop Marketing, Start Engaging
- Check out Unmarketing.com to stay up to date
- Keep in touch with Scott by hitting up his Facebook page or send him a tweet
- Pre-order your copy of his book Unselling – Stop Selling, Start Connecting launching September 29, 2014
Now I want to hear from you; how has Scott’s story and tips resonated with you? Share in the comment section below!