John Lee Dumas is the founder of EntrepreneurOnFire, a daily podcast interviewing today’s most successful and inspiring entrepreneurs.
He launched his podcast in September 2012 and has gone on to interview entrepreneurs like Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss and over 200 more.
John is not only a lovely guy with a strong work ethic, he’s also taken his highly popular podcast and turned it into a very profitable revenue stream. It receives over 230,000 monthly downloads and receives a sponsorship payout to the tune of $13,000 every month in six months flat.
Talk about killing it in the podcasting world.
John’s story is full of taking the wrong turns with potential passion projects coupled with some very smart decisions that have brought him to where he currently is.
One of these smart decisions included seeking out Jaime Tardy, founder of the Eventual Millionaire podcast (and an upcoming episode on mine), and asking her for mentorship, effectively landing him meetings with the likes of Pat Flynn, Adam Baker, and Jason von Orden, to name a few.
With a blend of amazing networking, being sincere, and a lot of hard work and hustle, he’s built not only a podcast platform that not only inspires hundreds of thousands of people, but a the foundations of a business that will allow him to continually experiment and expand on his offerings and revenue streams.
In this podcast, John offers up juicy and value-packed tips on getting your podcast up and running at a high quality level, without spending a ton of money and exactly how to monetize your podcast to create a viable business model.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this podcast:
- One decision he made in the beginning that made him become a successful podcaster
- The mindset shift he had to take in order to get amazing and high-profile guests on his show
- How much preparation he did to produce a daily podcast with a large buffer of episodes so he wouldn’t get behind
- One marketing tactic he uses that increases his podcast traffic on a daily basis
- How he was able to get 25,000 podcast downloads in one day after being featured by a huge company
- How he was able to get attention from Apple, 99Designs, Audible.com, LegalZoom, and Citrix for sponsorships in just six months
- The ins and outs of podcast sponsorships and a general rule of thumb for how you can price your podcast
- One rookie mistake all first-time podcasters make that you need to avoid
- 5 critical items you must have to start a quality podcast
- How to turn around a potentially bad interviewee’s mood and draw out valuable content
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a podcast that matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Share this on social media in one click
How to Build a Podcast with 230,000 Monthly Downloads in Just Six Months and Make Serious Money with @johnleedumas https://bit.ly/1krk893
Connect with John Dumas and Natalie
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key Tools Mentioned:
Podcast Launch – John’s book on Amazon!
Fiverr – for podcast intros and outros
Take back control of your inbox thanks to my podcast sponsor
SaneBox is a cloud service that filters out and summarizes unimportant emails. It works with any email provider, email client or device with nothing to install, download or learn – it just works. It also has lots of other features making email management easier and faster such as automatic follow-up reminders, 1-click-unsubscribe, and snooze folders.
By using this link below you’ll get $10 off if you decide on getting a monthly subscription (that’s 5 months free as plans start from just $2 per month) as a thanks to being in my community!
Then, in the comments below, tell me one podcast that you really love to listen to and why.