He achieved this in part due to his love of research papers, that the average person finds dry and boring, and pulling out real nuggets of wisdom to craft into killer blog posts.
You can find these very blog posts over on his highly popular psychology marketing blog, Sparring Mind.
Greg has built an online reputation for writing such in-depth yet incredibly valuable evergreen content and doing it consistently.
At first I wondered how he was able to write so prolifically and at that level of quality but turns out it’s what he loves to do most, not only on his blog but as the marketing director at software startup Help Scout.
With all of his psychology and writing experience, he’s mastered a way to compete against the huge players in the online field with bank accounts to match through the power of content alone.
In this podcast interview, he shares key content creation strategies that he’s used on his blog and Help Scout to regularly outrank authority sites.
He also reveals the methods he uses to curate and produce consistent, enticing content so his subscribers look forward to every single post, and how you can do the same.
Here is exactly what you will learn in this podcast:
- What compelled Greg to start Sparring Mind in the first place
- The 2-step system he uses to create valuable, in-depth content on a regular basis
- Two questions to ask yourself each time you write anything for your blog
- Why he doesn’t agree with epic content being the only way to go when it comes to the content creation space
- How he differentiated a not-so-sexy topic like customer service and created a strong content creation strategy to drive new leads
- How content gives you a real advantage over competitors with more advertising dollars to spend online and get noticed
- Two strategies for creating killer headlines that were behind a couple of his most popular posts
- Why the psychology of your website design is so important
- Two super effective strategies for repurposing content
Share this on social media in one click
Do you struggle to consistently create epic content for your blog that actually drives traffic & new business? https://bit.ly/1pf2ru2
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Connect with Greg Ciotti and Natalie
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Help Scout Blog
- Sparring Mind recommended books
- Social Triggers
- 25 Ways to Thank Your Customer on Slideshare
Key tools mentioned:
Why my new podcast sponsor Sanebox will help you conquer your email
SaneBox has revoutionized my inbox, so when they came to me as a sponsor for my podcast I was like `Hell yeah’. I’ve been using their cloud service that filters out and summarizes unimportant emails since August last year and I love it.
It works with any email provider, email client or device with nothing to install, download or learn – it just works. It also has lots of other features making email management easier and faster such as automatic follow-up reminders, 1-click-unsubscribe, and snooze folders. It even sends me weekly reports telling me how many hours I’ve saved thanks to Sanebox each week – on average around 3 hours!
Try SaneBox for free and take back control of your inbox today! (and get $5 off if you decide to sign up thanks to the team at SaneBox).