[TSE 130] How to Scale and Grow Your Business with David Finkel
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
When I think back over my first year of business, it was full of hustle. I was writing posts, creating digital products, growing my social profiles, networking and every other possible task. To say it was exhausting would be an understatement.
Yes, I loved what I was doing, but it didn’t feel very scaleable at the time.
What I’ve noticed over the years is that many of us entrepreneurs aren’t quite sure how to build a business that you can scale and grow at the same time. Today’s podcast guest David Finkel found himself trapped in this very position with his first business.
After growing his business to a couple hundred thousand dollars per year, David felt like it’s ability to grow was plateaued because the business relied heavily on him working 7 days a week. Learning from this experience, he started from scratch with the sole purpose of building a business that was easy to scale so he cold take back his time to have more adventure in life and freedom in business.
In fact, he learned so much that he even wrote a book called Scale about it with his partner Jeff Hoffman; the man who created Priceline.com.
We want to help you succeed this year, so in the comment section below, tell us – How do you want to scale your business in 2015?
The person with the best comment will win a signed copy of David’s book Scale!
Now David is sharing his expertise on scaling in not only his book, but this episode. If you’re feeling stuck in your business then be sure to by click play above or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio.
Don’t miss another episode – Subscribe for updates and as a bonus, receive my book How to Start a Podcast that Matters for FREE!
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- David’s Olympic back story and how he got started in business
- The biggest lesson he learned by plateauing in his first business and how he (and you!) can overcome this
- The 2 gifts and 1 detriment of how his sports background has influenced his perspective and success in business
- His active referral technique and why you should implement it now
- How he built his revenue streams and what it taught him about his ability to scale
- How he and his partner got to writing their book Scale
- David’s top tips for growth and scaling
Share this on social media in one click:
Don’t feel trapped in your business. Learn how to scale and grow with David Finkel’s tips on active referrals and more.
Key resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Learn more about his Maui Mastermind Small Business Coaching – free tools and video series available!
- Get your hands on his book Scale: Seven Proven Principles to Grow Your Business and Get Your Life Back
- Learn how to build a virtual ‘A-Team’ so you can scale your business
Have you been scouring the internet for website hosting, but it all seems so expensive and complicated? Not anymore – Enter HostGator.
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way. Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
Offering unlimited disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, one click WordPress installs and more, you won’t be disappointed. They also guarantee a 99.9% uptime for your site because they know how important the availability of your website is.
Visit SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/HostGator today and get 30% off all hosting packages when you enter the discount code ‘suitcase’.
Your website needs a good host, so what are you waiting for? Head to HostGator now!