I have met a lot of people who are following their dreams, living a life they love and building a sustainable business around, but none more so than Dave Cornthwaite.
In every sense of the word, Dave is a nomad. He rarely stays in one spot longer than a week or two before he’s onto the next destination. As a career expeditionist, he is constantly seeking out new adventures and challenging himself both mentally and physically.
You’re probably wondering how one comes to travel the globe as a way of life. Well, it all started when he was in his early 20’s slugging away at a hapless job as a web designer. After realizing that his cat was going to have a more enjoyable day than himself, he decided life just wasn’t worth living if you weren’t enjoy it.
So what did he do? Quit his job and head out to break a world record – as you do when you loathe your job!
To find out more about this 3 time author, international speaker, full-time expeditionist and world traveler, click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and while you’re at it feel free to rate and leave us a review!)
Here is what you will learn in the podcast:
- What pushed him to want to beat world record for skating the longest distance
- Why he likes to walk to edge rather than have a “safe” backup plan
- How Dave creates revenue from his adventure business and how refusing to do things he disliked ended up being an incredibly profitable decision
- The mindset challenges he’s had to overcome living this lifestyle
- A few words of wisdom on dating and relationships based on his own experiences
Share this on social media in one click:
Would you quit your job to become a full-time nomad? Find out why @davecorn took the leap and never looked back!
Key resources and further reading related to this podcast:
- Learn more about Dave here
- Find out more about his Expedition 1000 challenge
- Watch Dave’s journeys that have been captured on film
- Check out Chapter 3 of The Suitcase Entrepreneur book where I feature him
- Keep up to date with Dave via Facebook and Twitter
Are you dreaming about the perfect logo or website design, but don’t know how to get started? Worried about budget? 99designs can help.
99designs, the worlds largest graphic design marketplace, makes it easy to get a design you love. Just go to the website, tell them about the design you need, and pick a price package that works for you. Then the fun really begins. Designers from around the globe will submit awesome designs and you’ll give them feedback. Within a week, you’ll pick your favorite and be the proud owner of a gorgeous new design.
With 850,000 designers at your fingertips, there’s no limit to what you can get designed.
I’ve used 99designs and recommend them to everyone now. In as short as a week they hooked me up with beautiful designs that I was proud to share with my audience.
So what is it that you need? Boost your brand’s visibility with a t-shirt, or drive more traffic with a sleek new banner ad or landing page. Projects start at just $199 and your happiness is always 100% guaranteed.
Visit 99designs.com/suitcase and get a $99 Power Pack of services FREE today. A Power Pack Upgrade makes your design contest stand out from the crowd. 99designs will bold our listing, highlight it with a prominent background and feature it before regular listings. This on average results in 185% more designs!
So what are you waiting for?