Traveling and building a business is my jam (obviously!) and I have loved every minute of going on this journey independently. Building my brand solo has allowed me to go where I want, when I want and focus as much on my business as I choose. To be honest, I’m always impressed when I meet couples who are in business together and have to coordinate their love life and work life.
As we entrepreneurs know, building a business can be stressful, but how about adding this stress to a relationship? Many of my listeners have reached out asking what it’s like to go on this journey from a couples perspective so I went right to the source to find out!
Jill and Josh Stanton are the faces behind Screw the Nine to Five. They got their start in business together creating a string of affiliate websites that gave them passive income, and then went on to develop a personal brand to help others screw their 9-5 essentially the same way they did. Did I mention that they do all this while traveling the world?
If you want to find out how this happy couple lives, travel and builds a business together then listen to this podcast now by clicking the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as these help others to find and enjoy my podcast).
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- Why Jill and Josh are big fans of affiliate marketing as an initial online business model
- The idea that came to them on their wedding week and the evolution of their brand and business
- What they mean by “wake up and break up” – the tip that allows them to live, work and travel together all the time
- The difference between building an affiliate network vs. being an affiliate
- Why they decided to take on the responsibility of building a personal brand rather than coasting on passive income
Share this on social media in one click:
“Wake up & break up” Find out how the @screwthe9tofive couple uses this to build a successful business!
Key resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Learn how you can Screw your 9-5 with Jill and Josh Stanton
- Drop a line to Jill and Josh on Facebook
- Boost your revenue by guest posting in this podcast episode
- Sign up for their webinar on how to create a 4 page website that reviews products to make passive income
- My “Perfect Day” trick helped Jill, so find out how it can help you
- Screw your own 9-5 by following the Freedom Plan program
Need a professional mobile office to work from while traveling? Check out Regus
With more than a million customers worldwide, Regus has a unique knowledge of the needs of mobile workers and business travellers and their card-based programme offers walk-in access to Regus business lounges in 100+ countries worldwide and in over 600 cities!
With a swipe of your card, you have access to free secure wifi, free refreshments, and a professional work environment where you can prepare a presentation, meet a colleague, catch up on admin, or access business support like scanning, photocopying and courier services.
Many of their members are home-based workers who drop into a nearby Regus business lounge to access office facilities, avoid the distractions of family and home, or do a spot of networking.
Like all Regus Businessworld members, you will also benefit from discounts on meeting room hire and videoconferencing, and preferential rates on office supplies and there are different memberships according to whether you want access to open-plan or private office space as well as business lounges.
So whether you’re a home-based worker or a multinational CEO, there’s a membership level to suit your budget and your travel schedule. Check out Regus at https://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/regus
Come join me in Dallas Podcast Lover
It’s taking place in Dallas Texas on August 16-17 so come and join me – I would love to meet you in person.
You can get tickets right here or by clicking on the image.
Also, I will be hosting a BYOB Workshop in Dallas. Get the full details here and be sure to reserve your seat now!