One of the best parts about having a business that allows you to work from anywhere is getting to experience different cultures.
And with different cultures also come different laws you must abide by, including tax laws.
Today’s guest not only has a business he can run from anywhere, but he also helps other location independent business owners make sure they don’t pay more taxes than they need to (and stay within the law).
David McKeegan, co-founder and owner of Greenback Expat Tax Services, supports business owners who live outside their native country by simplifying the tax process and giving them peace of mind so that they can focus on what they do best.
In today’s show, David sheds light on what to look out for when you’re traveling for extensive periods of time, and shares financial tips to improve your freedom lifestyle.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- Why the modern tax system is a mess for digital nomads
- What the U.S. tax code has in common with a small dictatorship in Africa
- What the 183-Day Rule is (and why it matters to you if you travel)
- What residency rules are (and how they affect how you get taxed)
- How to minimize excessive tax depending on where you are in the world
- A tip for storing receipts so that you get all of your business expenses written off
- Why you need to look at the sales tax rules for the country that you’re selling to
- How the U.S. tax code works for digital nomads (and a costly mistake that many overlook)
- How keeping compliant with your taxes can have a positive financial repercussion (despite popular belief)
- App recommendations for the digital nomad
Get the free bonus download for this and 44 other awesome bonus downloads!
Want to take this further? Grab all 45 workbooks.
- Check out David’s website at Greenback Expat Tax Services
- Valuable Resource: Residency Taxation Rules
- DrakeZero -a professional online tax prep software
- QuickBooks is an accounting software package developed and marketed by Intuit.
- Listen to: Save Thousands of Dollars by Setting Up Legal and Financial Systems with Kyle Durand
Enjoyed this episode? Share this on social media in one click:
Want reliable hosting for your blog and website at 50% off?
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way.
Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
They offer unmetered disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, and one-click WordPress installs.
HostGator has partnered with me to help my listeners get started. Click the link below to get 50% off any new hosting package.