Some people struggle all their life to ‘find their true calling’ and if you’ve been wondering exactly what it is that you should be doing you’re probably searching for your sweet spot.
That is the intersection between what you’re good at, what you really enjoy and what people will pay you for. I talk all about how to find your sweet spot here.
And if you’ve found your sweet spot, you know what a revelation it can be, and just how quickly it can transform your business.
But as you’ll hear Michael O’Neal, founder of Solopreneur Hour, talk about, it’s usually a rocky path until you ‘find your swing.’
Like most entrepreneurs, his story wasn’t always pretty and it touches on everything from the death of his parents to having just $15 to his name, which ultimately gave him a taste of freedom from the corporate grind that he had to pursue.
Luckily (and through a lot of hustle), Michael has finally found his swing, particularly in the podcasting space.
We discuss specific strategies that have been instrumental in helping the show and his brand grow while also discussing the hustle that has ensued, because I truly believe people overlook what it really takes to do what you love.
Here is what you will learn in this podcast:
- Two major strategies for aligning yourself with key influencers
- How Michael decided on the format for the podcast and what format he wanted to avoid
- Which two steps he implemented for offline PR and why you should use them, too
- How he evaluates which shows to re-promote and market for best exposure
- Why he was able to achieve exponential growth for his new show in just two months
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Share this on social media in one click
@solohour reveals on how he launched a no 1 itunes podcast in two months via @suitcasepreneur https://bit.ly/1jYt6pH
Connect with Michael and Natalie
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Podcasting 101 Tutorials
- Get Stirred Up
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Branding, But Were Afraid to Ask – Podcast episode on branding with David Roth
- 4 Consecutive Years of World Travel, With No End in Sight – Podcast episode with Natalie on Solopreneurhour.com
Will you vote for me in the 9th Annual Podcast Awards?
I recently found out, via Facebook would you believe, that due to my wonderful podcast listeners and supportive community, I’ve been nominated for the 9th Annual Podcast Awards!
Of the hundreds of thousands of podcasts out there, only 10 podcasts made it into each category and I’m in the Business one right alongside the heavyweights of podcasting. I’m amazed and humbled.
If you enjoy my podcast please take 1 minute to VOTE for me:
- Go to https://podcastawards.com
- Scroll down to Business and click on the round circle next to Suitcase Entrepreneur (I’m the last in that box)
- Scroll down until you reach the bit where you give your details – name and email and click submit.
- Confirm your vote from the email you receive in your inbox
That would be so appreciated. (Btw you can vote daily up until Nov 15th!). Or you can just share it on social media.
1. Click to tweet: Let’s VOTE for The Suitcase Entrepreneur podcast under Business for the 9th Annual Podcast Awards! https://podcastawards.com
2.Copy and paste to Google+ or Facebook
Help support my friend Natalie Sisson by taking 1 minute to vote for her podcast The Suitcase Entrepreneur in the ‘business’ category at the 9th Annual Podcast Awards so she can continue to help us create freedom in business and adventure in life! https://podcastawards.com