Launching a digital or physical product is quite an undertaking. But once it’s launched a lot of people then struggle getting publicity for their brand and landing media coverage to ensure ongoing sales.
If you consider yourself an online entrepreneur then no doubt you’ve tried a ton of different methods like guest posts, advertising, podcasts, joint ventures and more.
But did you know that being featured in magazines can give amazing results? Especially if you sell physical products.
Now if only there’s a way to do this without spending thousands of dollars hiring a PR specialist.. Wait! There is!
Our guest today, Andreea Ayers, discovered her talent for generating press coverage after launching an independent t-shirt business, Tees for Change.
She initially started with 96 t-shirts and sold them out within a month!
Despite knowing little about the industry, she went on to sell over 20,000 tees in over 300 stores in the United States and around the world thanks to her hard work and media coverage in over 200 magazines, newspapers and TV shows.
These included ABC, NBC, Fox, The Bonnie Hunt Show, Redbook, The Chicago Tribune, USA Today Magazine, Ladies’ Home Journal, Self, Shape, The Nest, and many more.
She even got Tori Spelling, Ed Begley, Denise Richards, Sarah Jessica Parker and Sarah Michelle Gellar to wear her tees!
She eventually sold Tees for Change in 2011 and two more companies and is currently working on two projects: Get Media Happy and Launch Grow Joy, focused on helping hundreds of entrepreneurs secure media coverage through her online courses and programs.
In this interview, she tells us how she turned her $1,000 investment to a 6-figure sales in 18 months, how she got her products featured in national magazines and lessons she’s learned from all of her previous ventures
Listen to this episode
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How Andreea went from creating t-shirts, to selling her company and teaching others how to sell shirts and physical products
- The MAJOR mistake Andreea made the second time she launched her flagship course that caused it to be less successful with a much bigger list
- The process Andreea uses when launching her products while applying what she’s learned from all of her previous ventures
- What Andreea learned from HARO that she applied into her own business to create a recurring membership model
Get the free bonus download for this and 44 other awesome bonus downloads!
Want to take this further? Grab all 45 workbooks.
- Visit her website LaunchGrowJoy.
- Get Media Happy is the go-to source for top editors and bloggers seeking product-based news stories from media-ready entrepreneurs.
- Read: How To Get Big Media Coverage on a Small Business Budget with Janet Murray
- Read: [Part 1] How to Plan Your First Product Launch
Read: [Part 2] How to Launch Your Online Product
Enjoyed this episode? Share this on social media in one click:
The more you listen to what is or isn’t working for you the more success you are going to have. – @AndreeaAyers https://bit.ly/tse-200
Want reliable hosting for your blog and website at 30% off?
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way. Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
Offering unmetered disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, one click WordPress installs and more, you won’t be disappointed. They also guarantee a 99.9% uptime for your site because they know how important the availability of your website is.
Visit SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/HostGator today and get 30% off all hosting packages when you enter the discount code ‘suitcase’.
Your website needs a good host, so what are you waiting for? Head to HostGator now.