Jill Stanton, co-founder of Screw the Nine to Five, started out in online business with the belief that it was going to be easy…just like most of us think when we start out online.
But when she and her husband Josh set up an affiliate marketing site where, she readily admits, the writing was terrible, she realised they weren’t going to make any traction with what they were doing.
It wasn’t until they made two key shifts in their strategy that they started gaining traffic that converted into sales, eventually bringing them to $5,000 in revenue on a monthly basis.
What was the key shift? Guest blogging and it literally transformed their business. They went from putting in way too much work for lousy sales results, to being able to travel as much as they want, while working on their business from anywhere in the world.
In this podcast episode we talk about the ins and outs of guest blogging, how powerful it can be and how you can increase your next month’s revenue by using it.
Jill is also super transparent about how she maintains her content strategy now with a hired content writer and tells us all exactly how much she pays out.
So if this is an area you’ve been meaning to learn about then listen in!
So if this is an area you’ve been meaning to learn more about, or you’re struggling to get traffic to your site and would like to make more money with your online business, then listen in!
Here is what you will learn in this podcast:
- What two key shifts Josh and Jill made to their affiliate site to go from one sale to $5,000 in sales in just six months
- How often they guest posted in order to gain insane traction and credibility to their site
- How they maintain their guest posting and content strategy in a sustainable way
- Five kickass tips for finding which sites to submit guest posts that are directly aligned with your brand
- Three must-know elements to include in your next guest post pitch
- Four main benefits of guest posting
Click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as we might feature yours in the next show!).
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Share this on social media in one click
You have to push past the point where most people give up. That’s when you start to see results. @clark_jill https://bit.ly/1lfE0IQ
Connect with Jill and Natalie
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Screw The Nine To Five
- The Inside Scoop On Accepting Sponsored Articles And Guest Posts On Your Blog
- How to Build Your Sales Funnel
- Grow Your Blog Traffic Exponentially Through Guest Posting
- Badass Guest Blogging – Jill and Josh’s 8 module video training course that is 100% online, and designed to help you pull rank and make serious bank.
- How to Build Your Virtual ‘A Team’ So You Can Fire Yourself with Natalie Sisson
Love listening to podcasts? Then try listening to audio books too
I know a lot of you listen to my podcast on the move and enjoy the fact that you can listen and learn from anywhere. Well why not do the same with books you haven’t had a chance to pick up or read yet? Listening to audio books is an ideal way to enjoy your favorite books on the move and get to listen to the author read it in the way it’s meant to be read!
That’s why I’m thrilled to announce my new podcast sponsor Audiobooks who have over 40,000 audio books including best sellers, new releases, and classic favorites for you to choose from. You can simply download audiobooks to your Apple or Android device for offline listening or stream them instantly.
What’s more if you sign up at Audiobooks.com/suitcase you’ll get your first book free!