Have you ever attended a conference and wondered how the heck those people landed that speaking opportunity? I know I sure did back in the day.
There’s something exhilarating about speaking at an event and being able to share your message and expertise. Standing on a big stage with bright lights and being able to speak for an audience who are just as excited as you is such a thrill, but getting to this point will take some work.
I received a great question from Lucas asking how I got my first speaking gig, and more importantly how I went about landing my first paid gig. Since this is such an exciting topic for me, I just had to answer.
Becoming part of the speaking scene can take time. I mean, my first paid opportunity didn’t just fall into my lap. I spent a few years working my way up the ladder and then was beyond excited when I was asked and paid to speak at SocialLight in Toronto in 2013.
If you are interested in getting your message out there, then be sure to click play below to find out my 6 steps to follow if you want to learn how to get paid to speak.
Share this on social media in one click:
Do you want to share your message with a big audience? Find out my 6 steps to learn how to get paid to speak!
Check out these resources to help you further:
- Learn how to build a sustainable speaking business with Josh Shipp on this podcast episode
- Master the art of being a professional speaker with this podcast featuring Hugh Culver
- Start approaching people by finding events on Meetup.com
- Start building your confidence in speaking by joining a Toastmasters club
- Check out what I love to speak about