In case you haven’t yet read my bestselling book, I dedicated a whole section on HUGE trend of mobile for your business in Chapter 4 and I gave tips on how to go about creating your mobile strategy.
If I may be so brazen as to quote myself, I said:
“Mobile is huge. You’re going to have the ability to be in five billion people’s pockets in 10 years’ time and that’s going to impact your business in ways you can’t yet imagine.”
If you’re not taking the next steps to make your business mobile-responsive, then today is the day to start.
For the non-techy people, reading the words ‘mobile-responsive’ might inspire you to start scrolling on Facebook, but hear me out.
Fortunately for you, Greg Hickman, creator of highly informative site on mobile marketing Mobile Mixed, says that it doesn’t have to be hard.
So for those who don’t know where to get started, you’ve come to the right place.
In fact, you can take start taking action today by looking at one part of your business that is ridiculously important to your success – your email list.
And after listening to this episode, you’re going to be caught up to speed on why mobile really matters and feel confident in taking that next step for far less money than you’d expect.
Here is what you will learn in this podcast:
- Greg’s genius strategy for building meaningful relationships at conferences
- What assumption about mobile you might have that could be hurting your revenue
- Why mobile optimization is so important if you have a global audience
- What responsive design really means and why you need it
- How to make your WordPress site responsive and mobile-friendly
- The exact cost to make your site responsive (& it’s budget-friendly!)
- What you should look for with free WordPress plugins that promise mobile-friendly design
- Five statistics that will convince you that you NEED a mobile-responsive site
- One core strategy for creating content that you probably haven’t considered
- What you shouldn’t be doing when creating a mobile app for your website
- Three actions you can take today to start being mobile-responsive in your business
- Why text messaging is more impactful than email for 2014
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Connect with Greg and Natalie
Share this on social media in one click
About 41% of all emails are opened with a mobile phone. Are your emails mobile-responsive? https://bit.ly/1snrLxW
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key sites mentioned in this podcast:
- Mobile Mixed
- SMS Marketing Handbook – Greg’s new book!
- Theme Forest – site to make your website mobile-responsive
- StudioPress – site to make your website mobile-responsive
- Mogreet – video messaging for the US
- Trumpia – SMS services for USA, Canada, UK and Australia
- Vision Mobile Apps
Liked this session? Please let me and Greg know!
If you enjoyed this episode and have 3 seconds, please let me and Greg know on Twitter by clicking on the link below:
Leave me a voicemail!
Every once and a while, I’ll be recording podcast episodes based on precisely you want to know, so if you have any questions that you’d like potentially answered on the show, feel free to leave me a voicemail on my Speakpipe page!
Love listening to podcasts? Then try listening to audio books, too.
I know a lot of you listen to my podcast on the move and enjoy the fact that you can listen and learn from anywhere. Well why not do the same with books you haven’t had a chance to pick up or read yet? Listening to audio books is an ideal way to enjoy your favorite books on the move and get to listen to the author read it in the way it’s meant to be read!
That’s why I’m thrilled to announce my new podcast sponsor Audiobooks who have over 40,000 audio books including best sellers, new releases, and classic favorites for you to choose from. You can simply download audiobooks to your Apple or Android device for offline listening or stream them instantly.
What’s more if you sign up at Audiobooks.com/suitcase you’ll get your first book free!