As entrepreneurs we’ve gained somewhat of a reputation for working like crazy on our businesses, no matter what it takes and at all hours.
Driven by an intense desire to do all we can to really excel in business, I think we often overlook one of the most important parts of being successful – looking after ourselves and our energy levels.
If you’re not taking time to exercise, eat well, get quality sleep and take actual time out to recharge your batteries, then I can guarantee as one entrepreneur to another, you will experience some form of burnout if you haven’t already.
I experienced it last year during my book launch and as Chris Ducker, author of the new book Virtual Freedom and the New Business Podcast, mentions in this episode, burnout is no joke.
If you’re not careful, your business (and your life) take a huge hit as a result and not just for a week or two. The effects of burnout can be with you for life!
Ever wonder how you can accomplish all that’s necessary for your business WITHOUT working 16 hour days? Read Virtual Freedom!
For your chance to win a copy of this book scroll down….
With more on his table this year than ever and two bouts of burnout behind him, Chris is determined to make this year the year where he runs his business instead of letting his business run him.
How does he plan to do that, and how can you make sure that you avoid burnout and still build a profitable business?
Listen to this episode to find out how.
Here is what you will learn in this podcast:
- Four rules Chris has set up for this year that will help him bypass burnout
- How Chris and I have both adjusted our schedules to be more productive
- Which one seemingly negative trait we are both still learning to embrace so we can offer more value
- Which one person you absolutely need on your team if you’re an entrepreneur (surprisingly affordable)
- Four tasks you could be doing that will grow your business once you have a general virtual assistant
- How to promote within your team so you don’t become a manager
- Chris’s strategy for managing 125+ emails a day while still getting real work done
- One touch his GVA does that makes people feel MORE connected to Chris through email
- How to hire people that you trust and where you can find them
Click on the play button at the top or download this in iTunes or on Stitcher Radio (and do not forget to leave a review as we might feature yours in the next show!).
Even better pick up my completely free book on `How to Start a Podcast that Matters’ at suitcaseentrepreneur.com/free by leaving a short review on my podcast.
Connect with Chris and Natalie
Share this on social media in one click
Every entrepreneur on the planet should have a GVA if they’re running a business. @chrisducker https://bit.ly/1eWxpDH
Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
Key resources mentioned in this podcast:
- [Available for Pre-order] Virtual Freedom: How to Work with Virtual Staff to Buy More Time, Become More Productive, and Build Your Dream Business
- How to Become an Outsourcing Expert and Build a Virtual Team with Chris Ducker
- [Chris’s article] Beating Burnout, Biz Pivoting, Book Marketing and Heading to Vegas…Baby!
- 2013 Suitcase Entrepreneur Annual Review on Freedom in Business and Adventure in Life
- How to Build Your Virtual ‘A Team’ So You Can Fire Yourself with Natalie Sisson
- [Open Facebook Group] Chris and Natalie’s Book Marketing Adventure!
- [Chris’s Virtual Assistant Finder] Virtual Staff Finder
Liked this session? Please let me know!
If you liked this episode & have 3 seconds, let me and Chris know by clicking the link below.
Ready to live life free? Upwork makes it easy to take your work with you!
A life of adventure and professional success are not mutually exclusive. Just ask any Digital Nomad! These are the new breed of professionals—those who have ditched the desk to pursue a life less ordinary, taking work with them as they go.
And that’s why I’m thrilled to be a part of Upwork’s new Digital Nomad video—an inspiring look at what life is like once you escape the office and work on your own terms. Upwork has been an integral part of my professional success, allowing me to find and hire the talented freelancers and virtual assistants I’ve used to build my business.
So check out yours truly in this chock full of awesome video featured on Upwork’s blog! You can also enter to win a Digital Nomad Survival Kit, complete with iPad Mini. C’mon, kittens…you know you want to. 🙂
How to win a copy of the book
2.) Tell Chris, in your tweet, why you need a copy of Virtual Freedom.
Answer the question: What is your biggest pain point right now?
3.) Chris will select one winner by February 14, 2014!