When you’re new to the online business world, it can be difficult to figure out what ways you can make money that don’t seem scammy to you or out of line with your values.
You usually want to start earning revenue as soon as possible too that are based on your personality, interests, and passions.
Janine Ogg, the lovely entrepreneur that inspired this video, wanted to know how to strike the perfect balance between income streams based on passion and income streams that are more passive, like advertising and sponsorships.
With all three of the ways that I’ll discuss in this video, there is one goal that you need to strive for, and that’s becoming a mediapreneur, which you’ll learn about.
In chapter 5 of my book, I talk about how to build an online business for your suitcase entrepreneur lifestyle, including how much it will cost, finding your sweet spot, and the nuts and bolts of each way to make money online.
I also discuss the six steps to building your online business, one of which includes filling out your one page business plan.
So if you really want to make this location independent business work, fill out the one page business plan to start and use this video to figure out what revenue models will work best for you.
In this video, you’ll learn:
- What it really takes to become an effective mediapreneur that people trust
- What one requirement is absolutely crucial when creating your own products
- What will make or break your ability to be an affiliate marketer
- How many forms of revenue you should have in your business
- Two questions you need to ask yourself to choose your revenue model
Can’t see the video player? Watch it on YouTube.
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for all of latest videos with travel and business tips!
Day 10’s Blog Challenge to accept in 3 easy steps
1. Write a response blog post to this question:
What are the key ways in which you want to make money online in your chosen business OR Which are the key online revenue streams you want to focus on in your existing business?
2. Let us know you’ve written a blog post:
Don’t forget to copy and paste the URL of this blog post into your `trackbacks’ section under your blog post so we know you’ve written a response.
3. Embed the 30 Day Blog Challenge badge in your post:
Choose the badge you most like from right here. Then just COPY the HTML code already pre done for you, and PASTE it into the HTML tab of your post.
Read these resource posts to help you:
- The Secret to Finding Your Sweet Spot
- Four Steps to Figure Out What You’re Meant to Do in Life if You Have No Idea at All
- How Pat Flynn Makes 50K a Month from Blogging, Niche Sites, and Being Nice
What’s next in the 30 Day Blog Challenge?
If you want to go above and beyond you can:
Click to tweet this: Are these the three key ways to make money online? Have your say #TSE30DC
Follow our Pinterest board for this challenge as I pin your posts there daily! It’s a beautiful visual presentation.
Check out the Webinar Replay of How to build a blog that matters
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post for Day 11 on knowing what to choose as your business and why.
Tomorrow you’ll be asked to respond with what’s your USP – your unique special proposition.
Summary round up of your posts
- Ciara plans to make money online selling a 30 minute workout video
- Madelaine is going to put her classical training as an actor to become a mediapreneur to good use and create a line of jewelry too
- Kirk is going to totally dominate being the go-to person in Livermore starting with his blog and then advertising and more
- Margarita among other things is going to sell products that she believes and trusts 100% – in Spanish and English!
- Sophia plans to sell books, network with people, work in TV and develop scripts, do programs/talks, and several others
- Kirk has shared a list of ways he plans on generating income from the site. He writes, “Whenever I find an honest, trustworthy business that puts my needs before their own, gives me great value”
- Tathra is working on creating audio files of guided meditations, and writing an e-book – things she’d had in the pipe for a while
- Luxelias’s ideal income flow would mainly be from the products she offers. She loves fashion art and would like to have sponsors or great affiliate partnerships
- Alan’s message is “Listen to your Gut”. He believes you still honour your commitments but in a way that works for you