With the internet, we can reach out directly to our ideal clients, family, friends and community that supports us. But what if you have big dreams, working remotely from a small town and no one around you understands what you do?
I’m certain many entrepreneurs do.
Our podcast guest today is Laura Trotta. She struggle over this in her small town in outback South Australia.
This is her first podcast interview and we are going to talk about creating a location independent online business when you are stuck in your non-ideal location.
Laura’s journey is the epitome of what most of us will experience at one time or another on our way toward location and financial independence.
After I reflected on my conversation with Laura, there were a few BIG things that stuck out to me.
In fact, the hurdles that Laura has been able to overcome are the ones I hear most often when I’m chatting with entrepreneurs and soon-to-be Digital Nomads.
These are huge, and I want to make sure you avoid them so that you don’t fall into the many traps that lay between you having the kind of location-independent future you see in your mind.
Laura Trotta is one of Australia’s leading home sustainability experts. She spent 11 years working as an environmental engineer for large corporations. During that time she also completed her Master of Science Degree in Environmental Chemistry. She created her first online eco business, Sustainababy, in 2009.
She has won numerous regional and national awards for her fresh and inspiring take on living an ‘ecoceptional’ life.
With a regular segment on ABC Radio and with her work featured in publications like Nurture Parenting and My Child Magazine, she is an eco thought leader who’s not afraid to challenge the status quo.
In this podcast episode, Laura shares how she finds time for herself as a mom and entrepreneur and her version of freedom.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How to go from corporate career to financially free and location independent (while having two kids)
- The method you can use to buy yourself time while creating your business
- What to do if you aren’t great with websites, marketing, and technology (but still want to create a successful business that doesn’t looked ‘pieced together’)
- How to launch a course to a small audience (and then re-launch it to get more students every time)
- Why you need to be strategic about your time (and best practices for when you have little support, but need to maintain your health and wellness)”
- Check out Laura Trotta’s website at LauraTrotta.com
- Sustainababy is an eco-parenting resource for parents who wish to minimise their impact on the world, while providing the best for their child.
- Tall Poppy Syndrome – Australian slang for the tendency to criticize highly successful people
- Read : How To Use a Virtual Summit to Build a 6-Figure Business with Navid Moazzez
- Read : How to Build a 7-Figure Business and Use the Power of Video Marketing to Stand Out with Gideon Shalwick
Get the free bonus download for this and 44 other awesome bonus downloads!
Want to take this further? Grab all 45 workbooks.
Enjoyed this episode? Share this on social media in one click:
Want reliable hosting for your blog and website at 30% off?
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way. Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
Offering unmetered disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, one click WordPress installs and more, you won’t be disappointed. They also guarantee a 99.9% uptime for your site because they know how important the availability of your website is.
Visit SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/HostGator today and get 30% off all hosting packages when you enter the discount code ‘suitcase’.
Your website needs a good host, so what are you waiting for? Head to HostGator now.