‘They’ say having kids stops you from traveling. I don’t plan on having one, but if I did I wouldn’t let it stop me and I know enough traveling parents to know that’s just not true.
I guess it just changes your priorities and makes jumping on a plane or boat something that requires a bit more forethought and planning.
But let me ask you, do you think you could sell your home and 90% of your belongings to fly your family around the world and travel full-time?
The Kortmans did.
In early 2014, Paul and his wife Becky Kortman decided to sell their house and most of their possessions so that they could live a life of location independence.
They have traveled with their kids – Alia, Josiah, Mathias, and Zander to Davao, Philippines, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Cape Town, South Africa, Sofia, Bulgaria and Lisbon, Portugal to name a few and currently they are on their way to Ecuador in an RV!
Paul runs a digital marketing business from his laptop, and together they’ve built Nomad Together, which offers support to location independents (especially families) and to those who are interested in it, through education and a community forum.
On today’s podcast, we’re going to talk about why they believe travelling is healthy for children, how they support their family financially and what to do when your family and friends don’t agree with your lifestyle.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- If you’re scared about ditching your current lifestyle to travel the World, what to do to start the process and start exploring
- What to do when the people closest to you don’t support your digital nomad idea or lifestyle
- How to go from “chained to the desk” to traveling the World and doing what you love
- The right way to take your family on the road (and how to overcome public education in the process)
Get the free bonus download for this and 44 other awesome bonus downloads!
Want to take this further? Grab all 45 workbooks.
- Visit Paul and Becky’s blog at Home Along the Way
- Nomad Together – A community of location independent families sharing what it takes to be a nomad together.
- Connex Digital Marketing – Paul’s company launched in 2015 that focuses on developing simple systems to help clients with all aspects of Digital Marketing
- Read : How to Raise Your Family, Live Your Dream and See the World with Greg Denning
Enjoyed this episode? Share this on social media in one click:
How to go from “chained to the desk” to traveling the World and doing what you love @ https://bit.ly/tse206
Want reliable hosting for your blog and website at 30% off?
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way. Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
Offering unmetered disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, one click WordPress installs and more, you won’t be disappointed. They also guarantee a 99.9% uptime for your site because they know how important the availability of your website is.
Visit SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/HostGator today and get 30% off all hosting packages when you enter the discount code ‘suitcase’.
Your website needs a good host, so what are you waiting for? Head to HostGator now.