Whether you are a small business business owner or an entrepreneur, landing a major piece of media is everyone’s dream.
Not only does it boost your credibility and give you a little moment of fame, it can also help you attract more clients, customers and further opportunities.
But how do you even go about landing these opportunities, let alone build a relationship with journalists? How do you pitch yourself the right way and approach the media and not get turned down?
I turned to journalist Janet Murray, a media expert with 15 years’ experience working as a journalist and editor. While she now writes mainly for the Guardian, she has contributed to a range of national and consumer titles including The Telegraph, Independent, Daily Express and The Sun.
She’s built her own business now as a consultant, trainer and speaker, to show entrepreneurs and startups how to get more press coverage for their business or brand on a budget and with no prior training.
Listen in to learn exactly what you need to do to pitch the right journalists, with the right story angle and to succeed in getting the right press attention for your business.
Listen to this episode
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How getting press coverage can help your business (and why you don’t need to hire a PR pro to get great coverage)
- What kind of stories journalists are looking for from small business owners
- How to put together a press release or ‘pitch’ for a newspaper, magazine or radio/TV show
- How to find journalists’ contact details and how to build relationships with them on social media
- Check out Janet’s tips and ideas on all things PR/marketing over at www.janetmurray.co.uk
- Read: Walking away from my business taught me the true meaning of success
- Read: How To Make The Perfect Sales Pitch (even from a beach)
- Read: Investment Pitching Advice: You Can’t Kiss A Frog by Phone
- Read: How to Pitch Like a Pro and Get Funded
Enjoyed this episode? Share this on social media in one click:
Get the free bonus download for this and 44 other awesome bonus downloads!
Want to take this further? Grab all 45 workbooks.
Want reliable hosting for your blog and website at 30% off?
HostGator is your one-stop shop for all things web hosting. From design and marketing services to easy-to-use website builders, they are with you every step of the way. Thanks to their 24/7 – 365 days a year live support – which you can get via chat, phone and email – any and all questions you have can be answered in no time at all.
Offering unmetered disk space and bandwidth, an easy to use control panel, 4500 free website templates, one click WordPress installs and more, you won’t be disappointed. They also guarantee a 99.9% uptime for your site because they know how important the availability of your website is.
Visit SuitcaseEntrepreneur.com/HostGator today and get 30% off all hosting packages when you enter the discount code ‘suitcase’.
Your website needs a good host, so what are you waiting for? Head to HostGator now.