Often times, we solo travelers find ourselves in difficult situations just like what I’ve experienced here in Portugal. This may or may not happen to you, I hope not, but if it did, how would you handle it?
One Saturday night I was leaving my apartment to get some groceries and as I was leaving I realized I was holding my scooter keys instead of my apartment keys..as the door slammed shut.
What’s worse, I’d left my mobile phone charging inside and suddenly realized I had no way of getting in touch with the owner or anyway to get back into my apartment.
It made me realize how much we rely on being connected, our phones and the ability to access email at all times. Since I had none of those I was totally stuck.
In this episode I discuss:
- How I got out of this sticky situation and turned it into an opportunity and great experience.
- What to do when you leave your mobile phone in a public cafe…yes I did that the day after locking myself out of my apartment.
- My travel tip for when you’re at the airport and in danger of missing your flight.
- How to Earn a Full-Time Income from AirBnB with Jasper Ribbers
- Discover amazing places to stay—or rent out your own with Airbnb.
- Diaries of a Digital Nomad With No Internet
- Adventure Tips for Digital Nomads Navigating a New Location
- How to Ask For What You Want and Get It
Confessions From A Podcast Junkie
in iTunes by SelfEmployedKing.com Mike K. from USA
Natalie Sisson’s Suitcase Entrepreneur is a great Podcast to subscribe to. The guest she brings on are great, the questions asked to the guest are greater and the nuggets you’ll walk away with are always many. Highly recommend giving this a listen and if I could recommend one to start out with it would be episode 180 with John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing. Really a great episode. ~ Mike Kawula of Social Quant .net