For all those people that I talk to who don’t like to stand out too much, or are fearful of putting themselves out there, and wondering how much they should reveal….take a good hard look at Tucker Max.
He’s controversial, opinionated and unabashedly himself. In fact his entire career was founded on being as brash, brazen and honest about life as possible through his emails to friends (back before blogs existed) about his conquests with women and partying antics.
And he’s done it in style. Amassing a huge following and millions of visits to his blog at Tuckermax.com he’s gone on to write three #1 New York Times Best Sellers, including the book that invented the “fratire” genre and was made into a movie about him called ‘I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell.’
His books been on the bestseller lists for six years and have over 3 million copies in print. He is only the third writer (after Malcolm Gladwell and Michael Lewis) to ever have three books on the New York Times Nonfiction Best Seller List at one time, and was nominated to the Time Magazine 100 Most Influential List in 2009.
Tucker Max has since founded two different media companies before starting Book In A Box, one of which (Tropaion Media) pioneered the current “author as publisher” craze that many best selling authors now use (e.g. Hugh Howey), before he sold it.
In this interview we dive deep into how to be yourself and embrace it, how to cultivate a mass following and dedicated base of fans, how to deal with the haters and how you can have a bestselling book in a month.
Listen to this episode
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- What makes Tucker Max different and why you need to differentiate yourself too
- What stops most people that didn’t stop Tucker
- How it feels to have a movie made about your life and what Tucker would do differently
- Key advice on how to deal with trolls in the media and online
- What the heck ‘Book in a Box’ helps wannabe authors do and who it’s best for
- Two top tips from this Bestselling author on how to market your book for the long-term
Share this on social media in one click:
If you can’t handle people getting s*** wrong about you in the media then don’t put things out there via @tuckermax
Key resources mentioned in this podcast:
- Check out Tucker Max’s blog.
- Get a book by not writing a book with Book in a Box.
- How to Start the Process of Writing Your First Book
- How to Profit from Your Passion and Publish Multiple Books with Farnoosh Brock
- Learn to Build Your Platform, Connect With Readers and Sell More Books with Tim Grahl
Love this Girl!
in iTunes by Laurenjeanthemommascoach from USA
Thank Natalie for the amazing show and content and your energy! I love that you are so real and i can relate to you in a major way. i need more!! thanks!