Born in the UK, Annabel Candy has traveled to over 40 countries, lived in eight of them and holds both British and Kiwi passports. She’s now living in Australia, writing travel stories, sharing blogging tips, and designing effective, and user-friendly websites.
In this interview Annabel takes us through her entire journey to how she’s managed to make a full time living and lifestyle from blogging and travelling, and having a ball of a time along the way.
It all starts with her passion for writing, back when Annabel didn’t even know what the term “blog” meant, to her current status as the owner of Successful Blogging and Get In The Hot Spot – her travel blog with over 20,000 readers a month.
Annabel started her first blog, Get in the Hot Spot, with quite a radical tag line of “Naked travel Stories and travel tips”, so she could share her passion as a travel writer.
After a year of blogging, her readers started inquiring about blogging tips as well and she struggled to separate out the two.
So she felt the need to express her blogging tips in another outlet thus, Successful Blogging was born.
She became known in her field as a copywriter, social media marketing consultant, and designer of websites for small businesses.
Later this lead to open up her web design company with her husband, Mucho.
Annabel has so much to share about blogging and building a successful business. Her passion and honesty and down to earth nature, shines through in this interview and I know you’ll enjoy it.
Listen to this podcast interview with Annabel Candy to learn:
- How to monetize your blog on topics you love
- How having a blog for your business increases your sales and attracts new clients
- Annabel’s honest mistakes upon starting her blog and why she didn’t blog for a whole year after starting
- How not to undersell yourself and charge clients what you are worth
- How much you should charge for sponsored posts and what best practice is
Share this on social media in one click
Want to learn how to be a successful travel blogger? @BloggingMentor via @suitcasepreneur http://bit.ly/1jCkmKx
Connect with Annabel and Natalie
- Tweet Annabel Candy on @BloggingMentor
- Get in the Hot Spot @GetIntheHotSpot
- Say hi to Natalie on @suitcasepreneur
- The Successful Blogging Facebook Page
- Get In The Hot Spot Facebook Page
- The Suitcase Entrepreneur Facebook Page
- Annabel’s post on sponsored posts: Are You Being Conned? Fair Sponsored Blog Post Rates and Best Practice Guidelines
- Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps Packages: The Ultimate Guide will Save You Time and make your blogging experience more Successful and Enjoyable.
PS: The next podcast features a very special guest that I am so excited to share with you! Some of you submitted questions to ask him. The World Dominating, Chris Guillebeau. Stay tuned for his podcast in 2 weeks time!
To subscribe to The Suitcase Entrepreneur, click on the screenshot below and follow 2 Steps.