I’ve just finished watching Marie Forleo’s excellent video today on `The Downside of Gratitude’.
I left quite a long comment and figured I should share it here too as it made me feel a 100 times more juiced just writing it.
More than anything I would like to amp this vibration by asking you to share why you’re grateful in the comments too!
Here’s exactly what I wrote on why I’m grateful:
This is quite freaky. As I woke up today I was thinking on how grateful I am for having gone on probably over a 1,000 + flights in my life and always arriving safely.
I also bought Benny Hsu’s great Gratitude 365 app and had not yet put it to use so whipped it out on my iPhone today and then saw your video. I think gratefulness and forgiveness are a huge part of why I love my life every single day and can definitely get me out of a rare funk.
So 10 things I’m very grateful for are:
1. My biz partner in WE Mastermind Natalie MacNeil. We just put on an amazing retreat on a cruise ship in the Caribbean for women entrepreneurs and getting to spend time with her before and during just amped me up.
2. All the WE Mastermind members who put their trust in us to join us on the retreat and be part of it, make big shifts, have enlightening moments and party hard with me at Senor Frogs!
3. My bicycle that I was able to jump back on today now that I’m back in Amsterdam, I love the freedom of biking anywhere. It makes me smile.
4. Any dog I have ever had the pleasure of coming in contact with. They totally brighten my day with their wagging tails, smiling eyes and unconditional love. I wish I could pack one in my suitcase.
5. Forever and always my amazing parents who inspire me and seem eternally youthful. I love them so much it hurts.
6. My hugely talented sister who sings like an angel and has really taken on a lot recently in her life and new marriage that I am proud of her for.
7. Ultimate Frisbee – the best sport I’ve ever played and one that allows me to travel the world and have an instant group of wonderful friends who value freedom and fun above all else.
8. My Suitcase Entrepreneur community for giving me a life and business I love through their daily support. You all rock my world.
9. My $100 Change Program and the ten scholarships I get to give away – starting today actually. I can’t wait to see what people come up with and how I can help them build their project or dream into reality.
10. Music – I can’t tell you how my life would be without getting to listen to my fave tunes and shake my booty on a daily basis. An instant mood shifter I love how music can evoke so many emotions.
Of course there are about a gazillion other things I can say I’m grateful for, but these just came out in no particular order and I realised how extremely fortunate I am to have a rich and happy life. I hope you are too.
So what are you grateful for today?