From time to time I like to hit you up with an inspirational post. Usually when I’m in the moment and it just comes gushing out, or when I’ve been doing a lot of deep thinking.
Or when I’ve been reading other people’s articles and posts, who are far more worthy of your deserving attention when it comes to personal growth and development.
One of these people is Jonathan Mead, who tells you how to live and work on your own terms over at Paid To Exist.
His most recent post title The Cure For Launch Freakout was so timely as I head towards my own launch of the biggest initiative I’ve ever pulled together in my life,
I left this comment on his blog,
“Freaking out before a launch is such a natural feeling that people have. It’s always in our defining moments that we freak out the most.The ability to push past those fears is when the genius work happens.”
Click to tweet the best part of that!
I actually have to say even I was proud of how that sentence rolled off my tongue (because let’s face it I’m not Jonathan), and what’s more I totally believed it, with my full heart.
I shall them with you here.
27 Random Things I’ve Learned In 27 Days
- Been totally energized
- Gotten too little sleep
- Asked people for help – yes really – finally
- Doubted that this was even possible
- Believed that this was more than possible
- Dreamed big about how to make this have serious impact
- Feared deeply about it not working out at all
- Reached out to people who I thought would never respond
- Had amazing people respond and show their support
- Sent over 500 + emails in 3 weeks with my vision behind $100 Change
- Had people refine the initiative further with their smart minds and feedback
- Brainstormed the best ways to spread this far and wide (huge thanks to Katrina, Karen and Cher)
25, 50, 75over 100 change makers on board in just under a month!
- Been blown away by people’s generosity and support for it
- Got 100 change makers on board – it’s so amazing I have to repeat it!
- Decided to give away $100 this Sunday 3 September to celebrate 13 and 15
- Found out about hundreds of worthwhile change makers thanks to recommendations from you
- Consumed hundreds of new blogs and articles from these recommended change makers
- Found a whole new world of talent, inspiration and people doing some seriously cool shit
- Been bamboozled by some people who are `too busy’ or think it’s a place to promote themselves
- Come up with way too many ideas to even keep track of on ways to make this rock
- Given away a ticket to the World Domination Summit to a very deserving person
- Been brought to tears by the people who love this initiative and placed a badge on their site
- Reconnected with people I shouldn’t have lost touch with
- Found that collaboration is the key to creating movements that matter
- Been thankful to Sarah Peck, Kyle Durand, and Scott Dinsmore, who hold me to my best and inspire me
- Had the honour of interviewing my friends, mentors and guiding lights Pam Slim, Chris G, Jonathan Fields and Jenny Blake
- Come to realise I have wonderful friends who go over and above to help out like Caroline Ceniza-Levine, CA Kobu, Liz Dialto and Jennie HK
- Recognised that when you truly believe in something, the Universe gives you the energy to move mountains
What have your fears taught you?