Warning: array_key_exists() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in /home/admin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/leadbrite-leadplayer/php/control.class.php on line 298
I’m pretty excited about today’s challenge because it’s something I have a lot of experience in. So I went all out with this video to share my knowledge on what it takes to live out of a suitcase.
It’s also a question I’ve been wanting to answer for quite some time, so I’m glad that Rodney, a long-time reader of my blog, asked me to provide some advice on living out a suitcase, what to pack and what type of suitcase is best.
But ultimately what we’re talking about here is the art of minimalism and recognizing what your essential items are, and what you really don’t need on your travels.
In my experience, there have been more than a few times where I’ve short changed myself on time and had to pack in a rush to get to the airport to catch my flight.
What’s helpful is that I don’t have a ton of stuff to pack up when I leave a place because I’ve gotten so used to living out of a suitcase, and I have some systems that I follow to make it much easier to organize myself life.
I have loads of tips I’ve learned over the years, and we’ll discuss a bulk of them in this video.
In chapter 12 of my book, I dive deeper into not only what to pack, but the benefits of minimalism, what happens after you arrive at a destination and the best ways to acclimate to your new environment.
Here’s what you’ll learn in this video:
- What the most reliable type of suitcase is and how it’s saved me money
- Which clothing items are absolutely essential and;
- Which items you can buy while you travel
- What you can use to make sure your toiletries don’t leak on all of your things
- And I may even make you laugh at 5 mins 41 sec….
Can’t see the video player? Watch it on Youtube.
Make sure you SUBSCRIBE to my Youtube channel for all of latest videos with travel and business tips!
Natalie’s other tips for packing:
- Make sure that you can throw all of your clothing items together in the washing machine without any drama.
- Linen and rayon are not your travel friends. Wool (and knit fabrics in general) and synthetics work great.
- Some items that are smart to take along with you are sunscreen, medical supplies, electronics, and quality shoes.
Don’t forget to pick up my free Essentials Packing List under Chapter 11 of the resources section of my book website.
Day 26 Blog Challenge to accept in 3 easy steps
1. Write a response blog post to this question:
Could you live a minimalist lifestyle? Why or why not? OR What does minimalism mean to you in the context of your ideal lifestyle?
Top Tip: Look back and reflect over what you wrote during the first few days of this challenge where you worked on your perfect day plan, and what a business and life you loved look like.
2. Share your blog post response:
Don’t forget to leave a comment below or a trackback to your blog response. Share your post from your own site on social media using #TSE30DC at the end of your tweet or post.
3. Embed the 30 Day Blog Challenge badge in your post:
Choose the badge you most like from right here. Then just COPY the HTML code already pre done for you, and PASTE it into the HTML tab of your post.
Read these resource posts to help you
Check out this post to learn more – Top Tips for Savvy Business Travel
What’s next in the 30 Day Blog Challenge?
Click to tweet this: How do you pack like a pro and are you a minimalist at heart? #TSE30DC #minimalism #packingtips
Follow the 30 Day Blog Challenge Pinterest board (and see if you can spot your own post there)
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog post for Day 27 What You Need to Know to Become a Travel Hacking Pro!
Summary of your posts today
- Andrea writes “I spent 80% of my time using 20% of my possession so the other 80% that were only used 20% of the time had to go.”
- Janet hates the idea of acquiring furniture. She wants her life to fit in as little as a suitcase, with a few boxes here and there for good measure
- Cotey has shared a photo presentation of his tiny little- travelen places- art supply kit. He’s got a whole storage unit full of stuff.
- Elizabeth finds one aspect of packing for travel difficult to cope with is moving from one hemisphere to another, which she does regularly.
- Nancy believes that once her learning curve flattens out a bit she will be able to be more efficient and effective with her tech time
- Dharmesh feels that Minimalist lifestyle is not having fewer possessions but it means having bare essentials for your current lifestyle