So you wanna know a little more about me? Well I’m touched, and I trust you’re prepared for an adventure….
I like to call myself the Suitcase Entrepreneur because since 2006, when I left my hometown New Zealand, I’ve been traveling the world and living out of my suitcase.
This is me. Natalie Sisson.
The Official Story:
My friends call me an adventurer (others use the word nutter) because I have a motto of living life to the fullest.
I’m ridiculously passionate about building amazing businesses online that you can take anywhere. That means online marketing, social media and new tools and technologies are my life.
Combine that with my absolute love for travel and my addiction to Ultimate Frisbee, and you pretty much have the full picture on me.
I’ve had over 8 years of corporate experience in marketing, communications, brand and product management for some major companies in New Zealand, England and Canada across the widest variety of industries – yep I had real jobs!
Throw into the mix a past life in modeling, TV presenting, Moto-x racing, tennis, netball, triathlons, sailing, and you get the kind of person I am.
A multi-faceted multi-potentialite woman intent on changing my world, and yours for the better. I love learning and then passing on that knowledge here. I heart entrepreneurship, and especially the rise of women.
How My Journey Began:
In late 2009, I was a cofounder of a cool tech company and I found that there was a significant lack of women entrepreneurs and CEOs, especially in technology.
It seemed like having a platform from which to connect with them and interview them was a no-brainer.
So I started a blog to chart my journey as an entrepreneur and to learn from other amazing women entrepreneurs.
I really had no idea exactly what I was doing, but I learned along the way and I knew I had a message to share with the world.
Fast forward to April 2010 and I decided to take what had become an overriding passion in my life, and turn it into a business.
In December of that year, I rebranded to The Suitcase Entrepreneur to better fit the niche I’m focused on – those wanting freedom in business and adventure in life.
How did I build my business?
As you’d expect I get asked this question a lot. And rather than answer it here by writing pages and pages, I’ve collected a few videos that do a better job.
I get asked to do interviews a lot these days and I’m really honoured to do this.
It’s a great way to share my message widely and hopefully inspire others, along the way, that they can create their ideal lifestyle business too.
How To Live A Life Without Limitis
In September 2012 I was invited to speak at Live A Life Without Limits Free Video Summit: The Top Interviews in 2012 To Discover Your Path to Creating a Successful Business and Living an Unstoppable Life. This was hosted by Jeanmarie Bills, and Elena J Forbes.
This was my take on how to figure out what you should be doing to work from anywhere – ways to make money, which tools to use and more.
The Art of Entrepreneurship and Starting A New Business
In this unique live video stream to a 12th grade entrepreneurship class in Oct 2012, I answer questions like`What experience drove you to become an entrepreneur?’ and ‘How has purpose been a driving force in your life?’.
I cover the early days of starting my business, why social media is so important and why you don’t need much money to get started. Plus much more.
How I built a 6 Figure Business Helping Women Out of My Suitcase
In this interview on Rise To The Top with David Siteman Garland in Feb 2012, I spill the beans on everything – how my business works, mistakes and lessons, key victories, and much more.
How I add adventure to my life:
I’ve grown The Suitcase Entrepreneur into a thriving online community of thousands of women (and men) and lots of happy readers and customers.
Besides here, you can find my words of wisdom and features about me in Forbes where I’m a contributor, Under30CEO, Young Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post and many more.
But what I really live for is finding new adventures in life and making this whole journey one that builds a legacy I love and am proud of, like the following:
- 2012 In March to May this year I cycled from Nairobi to Cape Town and over 6,000 km while raising over $12,600 for Women Win the process. Find out about this journey here!
- 2011: Featured as one of the 17 Successful Business Women in the Premier Issue of Going Pro Magazine alongside Pamela Slim, Alexis Neely and more.
- 2011: Named one of the 25 Most Influential Women Tweeting about Entrepreneurship, listed in 30 Women Advocates to Follow on Twitter, and named in the Top 10 Entrepreneurship & Innovation Influencers
- 2010: Named a Successful and Outstanding Blogger by Liz Strauss and SOBCon, selected by Nike as an ‘outstanding female blogger’ and nominated for Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 Award
- 2009: Launched my business!
- 2008: Co-founded ConnectionPoint and built the Facebook App FundRazr. FundRazr is now the Number 1 Fundraising Payments application on Facebook. Placed 6th in Women’s at the Ultimate Frisbee World Championships representing New Zealand.
- 2007: Smashed a World Record for Dragon Boating across the English Channel with the Sisterhood.
- 2007: Won the gold medal at the World Beach Ultimate Championships in Brazil.
- 2004: Became a Body Sculpting Champion and competed at Nationals.
Facts about me you may not know
I’ve traveled to 61countries so far and my aim is to see half the world. In the last 6 months alone I’ve visited 4 continents, 12 countries and 20 different cities (several more than once).
I fancy myself as a bit of a pool shark, and table tennis too and have an odd penchant for picking guys up in bars (no, literally picking them up off their feet – especially the taller and heavier). It’s a rugby lift thing….
I have New Zealand and United Kingdom passport and Canadian Permanent residency and I have bank accounts in four different countries. This year I was told I was officially a fiscal nomad – love that title.
I entered Burma illegally in 2006 and got chased out by a crazy man with a gun….
I almost got arrested in Sydney when I told security that he didn’t need to check my bag for explosives because they were strapped to my chest (yes I know stupid joke to make).
More to come….
Make sure you check out:
- The sexy Biz Shop to see what programs and resources I’ve designed especially for you
- The Kick Ass Tools section to see the great online tools I personally use and recommended for you
- Visit the Resources section for essential blog posts you can start with to create your ideal lifestyle biz, travel tools and my free manifesto
You’ll find insight, intelligence and a healthy dose of inspiration to help you achieve all the above and more:
- Head to the Start Here page to check out my most popular articles
- Read and watch video reviews of the latest cool business tools to save you time and money
- Get hot tips on using outsourcing to ensure you’re working on your business not in it
- Listen to my kick-ass Podcast Interviews with expert entrepreneurs
Oh and say hi in the comments below too!