So you wanna know a little more about me? Well I’m touched, and I trust you’re prepared for an adventure….
I like to call myself the Suitcase Entrepreneur because since 2006, when I left my hometown New Zealand, I’ve been traveling the world and living out of my suitcase.
This is me. Natalie Sisson.
The Official Story:
My friends call me an adventurer (others use the word nutter) because I have a motto of living life to the fullest. I’m a writer, author, speaker, blogger and fun-loving, down to earth entrepreneur.
I’m ridiculously passionate about building amazing businesses online that you can take anywhere. That means online marketing, social media and new tools and technologies are my life.
Combine that with my absolute love for travel and my addiction to Ultimate Frisbee, and you pretty much have the full picture on me.
I’ve had over 8 years of corporate experience in marketing, communications, brand and product management for some major companies in New Zealand, England and Canada across the widest variety of industries – yep I had real jobs!
Throw into the mix a past life in modeling, TV presenting, Moto-x racing, tennis, netball, triathlons, sailing, and you get the kind of person I am.
A multi-faceted multi-potentialite woman intent on changing my world, and yours for the better. I love learning and then passing on that knowledge here. I heart entrepreneurship.
How My Journey Began:
In late 2009, I was a cofounder of a cool tech company and I found that there was a significant lack of women entrepreneurs and CEOs, especially in technology.
It seemed like having a platform from which to connect with them and interview them was a no-brainer.
So I started a blog to chart my journey as an entrepreneur and to learn from other amazing women entrepreneurs.
I knew deep down that I had a message to share with the world, and many lessons to teach to inspire others to go after their own dreams and start building a business and life they love.
Fast forward to April 2010 and I decided to take what had become an overriding passion in my life, and turn it into a business.
In December of that year, I rebranded to The Suitcase Entrepreneur to better fit the niche I’m focused on – both men and women wanting freedom in business and adventure in life.
How did I build my business?
It’s been built with a whole lot of determination and hustle and primarily consists of four revenue streams, that have organically grown as a result of my blog growth and brand building.
- Digital product and program sales – you can see the suite of offerings here
- One-on-one and group coaching – you can find details on how to work with me here
- Compensation for recommending products, programs and tools I adore (affiliate marketing and other cool win-win ventures)
- Sponsorship and advertising with key partners that I am proud to align with and speaking!
My Business and Lifestyle Vision
Earlier in 2013 I decided to publicly state my intentions for my business and life three years from now. I did this by sharing my Painted Picture on my blog and Slideshare.
To date it’s had 14,000+ views and been shared everywhere, for which I’m really honoured. It has directly helped people to create their own and take action for which I’m grateful.
Feel free to check it out for yourself.
How I add adventure to my life:
I’ve grown The Suitcase Entrepreneur into a thriving online community of thousands of men and women and lots of happy readers and customers.
Besides here, you can find my words of wisdom and features about me in Forbes where I’m a contributor, Under30CEO, Young Entrepreneur, The Huffington Post and many more.
But what I really live for is finding new adventures in life and making this whole journey one that builds a legacy I love and am proud of, like the following:
- 2013 came fourth with GB Women at the European Championships of Beach Ultimate in Spain, published The Suitcase Entrepreneur book to the world
- 2012 In March to May this year I cycled from Nairobi to Cape Town and over 6,000 km while raising over $12,600 for Women Win the process. Find out about this journey here!
- 2011: Featured as one of the 17 Successful Business Women in the Premier Issue of Going Pro Magazine alongside Pamela Slim, Alexis Neely and more.
- 2011: Named one of the 25 Most Influential Women Tweeting about Entrepreneurship, listed in 30 Women Advocates to Follow on Twitter, and named in the Top 10 Entrepreneurship & Innovation Influencers
- 2010: Named a Successful and Outstanding Blogger by Liz Strauss and SOBCon, selected by Nike as an ‘outstanding female blogger’ and nominated for Canada’s Top 40 Under 40 Award
- 2009: Launched my business!
- 2008: Co-founded ConnectionPoint and built the Facebook App FundRazr. FundRazr is now the Number 1 Fundraising Payments application on Facebook. Placed 6th in Women’s at the Ultimate Frisbee World Championships representing New Zealand.
- 2007: Smashed a World Record for Dragon Boating across the English Channel with the Sisterhood.
- 2007: Won the gold medal at the World Beach Ultimate Championships in Brazil.
- 2004: Became a Body Sculpting Champion and competed at Nationals.
Facts about me you may not know
I’ve traveled to 66 countries so far and my aim is to see half the world. In the last 6 months alone I’ve visited 4 continents, 13 countries and 20 different cities (several more than once).
I fancy myself as a bit of a pool shark, and table tennis too and have an odd penchant for picking guys up in bars (no, literally picking them up off their feet – especially the taller and heavier). It’s a rugby lift thing….
I have New Zealand and United Kingdom passport and Canadian Permanent residency and I have bank accounts in four different countries. This year I was told I was officially a fiscal nomad – love that title.
I entered Burma illegally in 2006 and got chased out by a crazy man with a gun….
I almost got arrested in Sydney when I told security that he didn’t need to check my bag for explosives because they were strapped to my chest (yes I know stupid joke to make).
More to come….
Make sure you:
- Head to the Start Here page to check out my most popular articles
- Learn more about my No #1 Bestselling Suitcase Entrepreneur book
- Listen to my Award Nominated kick-ass Podcast Interviews with expert entrepreneurs
- Watch my weekly business and lifestyle video series for tips on being a suitcase entrepreneur
- The sexy Biz Shop to see what programs and resources I’ve designed especially for you
- The Kick Ass Online Tools you can use to run your business from anywhere and the travel tools that make your life easier.